What you'll need:
- Pretty Paper: Scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, etc
- Scissors (my cutter worked great)
- Mod Podge
- Water-resistant, Clear Acrylic spray or Polyurethane spray (I bought Crystal Clear Enamel Spray Paint by Rustoleum for $4.99 at Home Depot, seemed to work fine)
- Foam/sponge brush
- Felt or cork board (I got a roll of cork board at Michaels)
- Ceramic Tiles ($0.16 each at Home Depot)
- My husband had Gorilla Glue which I used to glue the cork to the bottom
Use the Mod Podge to coat the back of the paper to attach to the tile. Make sure to place quickly so that you get a smooth application. Wait a couple of minutes for the paper to stick to the tile and then coat the top of the paper on the title with more Mod Podge.
Let the tiles dry for about 15-20 minutes, and then apply another coat to the top. Repeat until you get your desired finish. I did 4 thin coats.
At the very end spray your coasters with the Crystal Clear Enamel Spray. I did 2 coats to make sure to make the coasters waterproof.
And there you have some awesome personalized coasters!
I'm going to add photos to my next set :0)